Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cupcake Gourmet, NY

Cupcake Gourmet
46-I Gerard Street
Huntington, NY 11743

Cupcakes tried: german chocolate, funfetti and apple pie

Overall reaction: Gourmet my Butt!















While my husband and I were visiting friends in NY we stumbled upon a this cupcake shop in downtown Huntington. I had 3 other tasters beside myself, so thank you Kris, Kim and Steve for willingly volunteering!


















The German chocolate cupcake was not so good. The cake was super dry and the traditional coconut ooey gooey frosting was dried up too. Everyone knows that that is the best part about german chocolate cakes so this cupcake left us all disappointed.

Funfetti looked really fun but actually wasn't. The cake was dry and the frosting looked and tasted like play-do.

A great idea for a cupcake was the apple pie mini cupcake. The execution of the frosting could have been a little neater but it had a nice cinnamon flavor and tasted like pie. The only bad part was that the cake was dry, which seems to be a reoccurring theme here.

My words of advice: Upon entering store, it seemed like a fun place to host your kid's birthday parties – lots of tables and chairs, bright and eclectic colors, not as neatly designed but perfect for kids. There were all kinds of different flavored cupcakes to choose from but beware because they obviously aren't all good. Mostly I would have to say that they should change the name of the shop to Cupcake Not So Gourmet.

No comments: